Protecting Your Financial Interests In Divorce
Every divorce or legal separation includes a division of marital property. Many couples believe they agree on how to divide their assets, only to discover during negotiations or mediation that points of contention are obstacles. It can be difficult to agree on:
- What to do with the marital home
- How to divide business interests and investments
- How to divide retirement accounts
- How to account for family cabins and other properties shared with extended family members
We have the necessary experience in high-asset divorces to help clients achieve a distribution that is fair and just. We can help you pursue strategies designed to protect certain assets from division in the divorce process. At Olexa & Casari, we will help you move on from your divorce with your preferred assets intact whenever possible. Our skilled divorce lawyers will offer individualized attention and compassionate representation while fighting vigorously to protect you from financial setbacks during the divorce process. We want you to be confident that you have chosen the right law firm.
Factors In Asset Division And Distribution
The following details can make a significant difference in the outcome of your property division proceedings:
- Distinguishing marital from. nonmarital assets
- The date of your and your spouse’s separation
- The length of the marriage
- The value of assets
- Whether you and your spouse agree on how to divide all your assets
- Your proposed division of debts
We draw upon our deep knowledge of Pennsylvania property division laws to help our clients maximize their financial position coming out of a divorce.
Talk With A Knowledgeable Divorce Lawyer
If you are considering divorce, it is critical that you discuss your options for asset divisions and distribution with an experienced lawyer.