A Trusted Law Firm For Drug Crime Defense
If you have been accused of committing a drug crime in Pennsylvania, the attorneys at Olexa & Casari are here to provide you with the strong and effective defense representation you need. We are trusted criminal defense advocates in Hazleton with a proven record of success defending the rights of people like you.
The Right Firm When The Stakes Are High
Clients who are charged with drug offenses routinely call upon our law firm for experienced representation. Penalties can be severe, including incarceration, driver’s license suspension and firearms prohibition, not to mention the loss of future employment possibilities and damage to your reputation.
We can defend you against any felony or misdemeanor drug charge in Pennsylvania, including:
- Possession of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other controlled substances (note: pending legislation as of the summer of 2003 will allow for limited legal possession of marijuana for personal use by adults)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession with intent to deliver (PWID)
- Drug manufacturing/delivery
- Drug trafficking
- Drug dealing
Penalties for such crimes can be significant and repercussions can be long-lasting. Examples of penalties include:
- Possession of two to 10 pounds of marijuana or 10-20 live plants: One year in prison and $5,000 or more in fines, or if someone has a prior drug trafficking conviction, two years in prison and $10,000 or more in fines
- Possession of 10-50 pounds of marijuana or 21-50 live plants: Three years in prison and $15,000 or more in fines, or if someone has a prior drug trafficking conviction, three years and $30,000 pounds in fines
- Possession of two-nine grams of narcotics: Two years in prison and $5,000 or more in fines, or if someone has a prior drug trafficking conviction, three years in prison and $10,000 or more in fines
- Possession of 10-99 grams of narcotics: Three years in prison and $30,000 or more in fines, or if someone has a prior drug trafficking conviction, five years in prison and $30,000 or more in fines
These abbreviated descriptions of potential penalties in drug crime cases make it clear that someone charged with such offenses needs skilled defense. At Olexa & Casari, our defense lawyers take a multifaceted approach to give clients strong chances at achieving favorable outcomes. We start by questioning every aspect of a case, such as reviewing evidence and scrutinizing charges in great detail,
Our lawyers offer a vigorous defense to such charges and are often able to get them reduced or eliminated, preventing the possibility of having a drug conviction on a client’s record. We employ an experienced investigator on staff. As needed, we also work closely with a network of experts from around the country to strategically position the client’s case for desirable results.
Contact Us To Start Building A Strong Defense
Whether you are determined to fight in court or want to work out a favorably negotiated plea, it is essential that you contact our law firm as soon as you are aware that you are being charged or investigated so that work on your defense can start immediately. We are the right firm to call when you want aggressive representation.